Friday, May 23, 2008

Tern Induced Headache!

Well, I'm not quite ready to take back all of the nice things I said about Sooty Terns the other day, but there charm is wearing thin. We were working in a Sooty colony today, banding albatross chicks and a Sooty flew by and drilled me with it's bill right in my right temple! I almost fell to the ground it hurt so bad. Over the course of the work day I got hit in the head by different Sootys four times. During a break we were joking that OSHA needs to set a Daily Tern Collision Limit. I think I surpassed mine today.

On the lighter side though, I spotted this little Red-footed Booby fuzz ball yesterday and got some good pictures of it. I think it's a little early to be testing his wings but he doesn't seem to think so.

2 comments:

Gatuno said...

Lucky you... traveling...

Anonymous said...

Daniel went on to your blog and shrieked like a little girl and turned pale, clammy and shivery as if he'd seen a fleet of the scarriest ghosts that you've ever seen...but he misses you and wanted me to tell you hello. i miss you too :) love, lauren
p.s. hope you have no scar from the beak to the temple -- i wouldn't want d to ask you how you got it (i couldn't read him this passage -- he wouldn't sleep for a million years ;)