Monday, March 10, 2008

Fairbanks Visit

Well, my first stop on my whirlwind return to Alaska Tour is Fairbanks to visit friends. I've been staying with my buddy Martin for a few days and we have been out and about hanging out with friends, drinking good beer, and freaking out at the unseasonably warm weather. It hit 46 degrees here yesterday, which is just not right for Fairbanks in March!!! My friend Phil just finished the Yukon Quest sled dog race a few weeks ago and fortuantely he didn't run into too much weather like this on the trail. He did hit one spot where the temperature was BELOW -60F!! By the time he made it into Dawson, in the Yukon it warmed up to a high of +40F. That is a 100 degree temperature swing! Crazy.

Here's a shot of Martin's little bachelor cabin in Fairbanks. He shares it with his semi-hairless cat, Tupac. I'm sure the cat doesn't mind the 46 degree weather at all!!

No comments: