Wednesday, December 9, 2009

USGP of Cyclocross

Well, the pros came to town this weekend to show us how it's done. The US Grand Prix of Cyclocross had it's season finale here with races on both Saturday and Sunday. I was scheduled to race both days but a nasty head cold sidelined me on Saturday and knocked me out of the race on the third lap on Sunday. Both days we're cold, but Sunday was cold and really windy; not great conditions to race in when you're sick!! Yes, that is a shot of me in the black kit above, minus the beard and my usual green and black kit. I got a big hole in the butt of my shorts when I crashed three weeks ago!

The elite race on Saturday was fun to watch though and I snapped some pretty good pictures of the pro men and women. The racing was fast and very entertaining, with the men's race coming down to the last lap to decide the winner. Next up, the National Championships in Bend this weekend. I race on Saturday in the morning. This morning it was -8 degrees in Bend!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very amusing piece