Saturday, September 1, 2007

Jefferson Park Adventures

Stuart, Karl and I just got back from an epic trip to the Mount Jefferson Wilderness. The hiking was pretty burly and my body is beat but happy. They headed in on Friday morning but I had to work, so I joined them later that evening. It was about a four hour hike in with a pretty respectable elevation gain. I hiked the last hour or so in the dark, and managed to get off the main trail at one point, but I met a group of three women who were camped by a nice little lake and they got me headed back in the right direction. The picture is one that Stuart took from our campsite on the second night. It was a great spot to spend the night. We woke up to snow falling, although it cleared as we got ourselves packed up and on the trail back to the cars

No comments: