Saturday, December 16, 2006

Saturday Night at Midway


It is a quiet Saturday night here at Midway. I am winding down after a nice, full day off. After a week of wind and rain the weather let up this morning and the sun was out most of the day. I spent much of the day on the beach, sitting in the sun watching the alabtross flying all around me. We had a good, strong breeze coming out of the west and the birds were showing off their aerial acrobatics. It is incredible to see how effortlessly they can manuever in the air, given how ungainly they are on land. I took a long swim in the ocean today and a small flock of White Terns followed me almost the whole time. They are incredibly curious and will fly right up to you to check you out. Whenever I stopped for a rest they came in close and I thought one was going to land on my head!

No comments: